Something appears to have changed since updated to Mojave. I want the font styles of labels in plots to be Regular or Plain but they render on screen as Bold. When I export a plot as PDF or copy as PDF, the labels are bold. How do I get the labels to render as Plain?
Here is a simple plot like I used to do. The font weight is not specified. The plot renders with Bold labels on my MacBook Pro.
Your fix appears to use JPEG, PNG, and TIFF. I’d much rather stick with PDF to be able to scale the images nicely.
True. The only real solution that is seamless is to get version 12 (which is imminent). I tried this plot under prerelease V12 and it works creating the PDF that you expect. If you cant wait for v12, did you try editing the pdf after it is created with Acrobat or another editor? (I have not tried this but it should work)
I think it best that I wait for version 12 because I use very different sizes of the plots in three different documents: Keynote slides in PDF, a PDF book, and an EPUB. I’ve got functions that change all of the formatting depending on the type of document. For the time being, I simply use the plots with the unwanted boldface labels because they are going into appendices. When the version 12 comes out, I’ll simply rerun the plots and inserted them.