How can I make dynamic or live gauges from serial data stream?

Newish to Mathematica, first post, yadayada…

So I have an Arduino pushing serial data in super simple format (Arduino code snippet is Serial.println(Analog0_value):wink:

I’ve opened the comport in Mathematica, interpreted the input stream and can display a live/dynamic number from the Arduino.
But…I can’t get the live behavior into a simple Guage!? what gives?

    port = "/dev/tty.usbmodem1411"
    dev = DeviceOpen["Serial", {port, "BaudRate" -> 9600}]
    
    out := Dynamic[FromCharacterCode[DeviceReadBuffer[dev, "ReadTerminator" -> 10]]]

So far so good: out shows a live value that corresponds to the analog value on Analog0 input of the Arduino.
now the fail:
AngularGauge[out, {0, 100}]
Any permutation I’ve tried I never get the gauge to light up with my live data.
I may get just
(changing number here),{0,100} for example.

Thoughts!?

Hi there,

perhaps this post helps:

Cheers,

M.

M -It’s good to see live data being so verbosely plotted, nice job!
I just found the debug note telling me what I’m doing wrong…duhhhh

Something about (i’m guessing) the command terminator is not getting process properly.
I get this" Tag FromCharacterCode in FromCharacterCode[{49,51,13}] is Protected. >> "

Which, silly me I was trying to plot a String…not a number.
So one “ToExpression” later and Bingo!!! I’m plotting live.

Thanks for your examples, and keep up the good work.